Rootella™ is a family of mycorrhizal inoculants that are exclusively developed and produced by Groundwork BioAg. Grounded in science and perfected over time, Rootella™ forms fungal mycelia that attach to and effectively extend root networks. The mycelia help plants absorb water and soil nutrients, such as those found in fertilizers and compost. Groundwork BioAg’s unique mycorrhizal strains and application methods are the product of over twenty five years of research and development together with Israel’s renowned Agricultural Research Organization. Years of breeding, research, and field trials have resulted in robust and effective mycorrhizal products, based on vigorous strains originally derived from harsh Israeli desert conditions.
Broad Scope of Benefits
Over forty years of research have shown that mycorrhizal inoculation provides a wide range of benefits:
- Fertility – yield increase and quality improvement, due to better absorption of micro- and macro-nutrients (notably phosphorus).
- Savings – fertilizer and water requirement reductions:
- Reduction of consumption of expensive phosphorus fertilizer, without compromising yield.
- Water savings under certain circumstances.
- Resilience – plant durability under stress conditions, such as drought, flooding, salinity or acidic / alkaline soils.
- Environment – direct impact on six out of eight measurable planetary boundaries: phosphorus cycle, nitrogen cycle, climate change, freshwater use, land use and ocean acidification.
Concentration is Key
As any experienced farmer knows, the requirement from any agricultural input product is clear: benefits must greatly outweigh cost. When it comes to mycorrhizae, the cost/benefit of an inoculant is mostly dependent upon product concentration. This is why Groundwork BioAg has developed Rootella™ mycorrhizal inoculants that boast extremely high concentrations of endomycorrhiza. Only in high concentration can a mycorrhizal inoculant achieve the following:
- Relevance to commercial agriculture – High inoculant concentrations are essential to achieve high-efficacy at low application rates.
- Relevance to seed treatment – Seeds can carry a limited amount of inoculant in seed treatment, and high concentrations are crucial in order to deliver an effective seed treatment solution.
Spores of glomus intraradices endomycorrhizal fungi under a microscope in Groundwork BioAg’s laboratory. Rootella™ products are highly concentrated, pure, and cost-effective.